Who is this program designed for?
- Women living in Cache, Box Elder or Rich Counties who are ages 50-64
- Women with insurance may also qualify
What services are offered?
- Clinical breast exam and a voucher for a FREE mammogram
- Pap smear and pelvic exam
- Glucose and cholesterol testing
- A1C testing for individuals with diabetes
- Blood pressure and weight evaluation
- Incentives and gifts to encourage proper diet and exercise
- Referral to other services as needed.
Frequently asked question
If I have insurance, can I still come? Yes, all women who meet the eligibility requirement guidelines are welcome.
Do I need to come to the health department before I get my mammogram? Yes, if you qualify for this program you will receive a voucher for a FREE mammogram when you attend our clinic. Otherwise, the hospital will bill you for the mammogram.
What if I receive a bill for my mammogram? Do not pay this bill! Call Evelyn at the Utah Department of Health (state health department) at 1-800-717-1811 immediately. She will contact the hospital directly.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
More Information is available at www.cancer.org
- No food or drink (water is ok) for 12 hours prior to appointment (including gum and mints)
- Take regularly scheduled medications, do not skip these
- Bring a snack for after fasting if you would like
- If having a pap smear, no intercourse or douching before the pap
- Wear a short sleeve shirt for blood pressures