Bear River Health Department Invites Parents To Get Help with Child Seat Installation
Date: 4-02-12 Tips for parents on proper car seat installation.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Logan, UT - The Bear River Health Department will inspect child safety seats as part of their local efforts during National Public Health Week (April 2-8). On Tuesday, April 3 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Bear River Health Department, located at 655 East 1300 North in Logan, certified child passenger safety technicians will deliver FREE hands-on education to parents and caregivers about the proper installation of child safety seats.
“Parents want to protect their children and keep them safe; however, small errors with seat selection and installation can place children at risk for serious injury or even death. It’s critical that parents and caregivers understand how to properly install their child seats in their vehicles,” said Allena Pierce, Bear River Health Department Health Educator. “We urge parents to call and make an appointment to help ensure that their children are properly protected. Every child deserves to grow up safely, and we are pleased to provide our services to promote and improve child safety in vehicles throughout our community.”
All children must use a car seat, booster seat or seat belt. Follow the checklist for all children below to ensure that your child is riding safely in the vehicle:
* My child always rides in a back seat and never in front of an airbag.
* Everyone in my car buckles up on every ride using the right car seat, booster seat or seat belt for each person’s age and size.
* My child’s car seat has all of its parts, labels and instructions and has never been in a crash.
* I follow the instructions for my car and my car seat so that my child is buckled in right.
* I never leave my child alone in a car.
* I am aware of my surroundings before backing up or driving forward by doing a five-second walk around prior to getting in the car.
* If I have any car seat questions, I know I can contact the Bear River Health Department.
The Bear River Health Department also offers free car seat clinics by appointment in both the Logan and Brigham City locations. Car seat classes are also available on a bi-monthly basis. For questions about car seats and proper installation, or to schedule an appointment, call (435) 792-6510.
The mission of the Bear River Health Department is to prevent disease and disability, promote healthy lifestyles, and protect the individual and community